BOOK A TOUR
Rose Story Farm is a working farm specializing in cut garden roses. Nestled in the idyllic foothills of Carpinteria, California less than two hours north of Los Angeles and ten minutes south of Santa Barbara, we grow lemons, avocados and of course our spectacular roses. Your visit will be up close and personal with our 25,000 stunning rose plants. We have over 200 varieties planted on 15 acres of fertile farmland.
You will experience an educational, docent led, walking tour through the fields. We begin at 11:00 a.m with a bit of Carpinteria history as well as the farm origins. We will walk, commune and experience the roses in the growing fields for about an hour. You will learn how to choose plants for your own garden as well as handy tips for growing great roses. You will learn how and when to harvest your garden roses, as well as tips for bloom care once they are cut. Enjoy an open forum, hands on tour with ample time for questions and answers.
- Each guest will receive fresh cut garden rose samples to take home and enjoy!
- Tours are followed by lunch in the gardens surrounded by rose fields. Lunch include: sandwiches, salad, farm-made desserts and/or fresh baked cookies, our own hand squeezed lemonade, rose petal iced tea and local strawberries or other seasonal fruit.
- Please bring sunscreen, wear comfortable shoes and bring a hat as this is a walking tour.
- No smoking, pets or video camera equipment allowed on tours. Children over 12 are welcome, but must be accompanied by an adult at all times.
- We are a working farm. Our gates are not open to tour guests until 15 minutes before the tour begins. Carpinteria has a charming downtown shopping and dining area and we invite you to enjoy our community if you arrive earlier than when we open.
For 2016 tour dates, please visit our EVENTS page, where tours can be booked online
Private tours are available. Please call Patti 805-566-4885 to make your reservation.
Tour bookings are non-refundable. If you are unable to attend, please contact us and you will be mailed a gift voucher for future redemption. Tour price is $48 per person. Our blooming season and farm tours begin mid-April and continue through October. Reservations are required. This is a walking tour however if you or someone in your party has mobility issues, please let us know and we will provide a golf cart.
You can reserve and pay for your tour online. Go to the "Events" page and select your date.
You can call us at (805) 566-4885 (M-T 8am. to 2pm, Saturday 9am-2pm).
Or you can click on the "Rose Tour Booking Form" below to pre-reseve your spot on the tour. Reservations are not confirmed until Rose Story Farm has contacted you to collect credit card information. Expect to hear from us within 48 hours.
We look forward to seeing you!